Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008


We caught this doe passing through last Saturday, late in the afternoon. If it wasn't for the snow, we would have never seen her.


Old mailbox used as a yard ornament.


Personally, I like this picture, just because it looks a little strange. But then again, my wife and my daughter aren't so sure about it, because it's a little different. Art is in the eye of the beholder.


A Downy Woodpecker on one of the feeders in the back yard.


With all the below average weather we've had around here in the last couple of weeks, we figured it's about time that we got the water heater out so that the birds would at least have fresh water when they need it.


I hate it when the subjects keep their eye on me.


A male hairy woodpecker flying away from the camera.


Common Raven -- Corvus corax
The ravens started to show up in the area about 5 years ago. They very seldom ever get this close to the house.

Even though the elections have been over for about three weeks now, these two candidates haven't seen the need to take down their signs, even though they are obligated to do so by law.


This is a piece of folk art that I bought my wife months ago. We used a picture of it a few months ago on the blog. I'm sure this is only the first of several pictures I'll take of it over the winter.


One of the sculptural birds sitting out in the snow.


What started out as a picture of a tan oak leaf laying on top of snow, is now transformed into this image with the help of PhotoShop. I never have this kind of picture planned ahead. But, when I find a shot that I like, but I don't like the way the original looks, I just experiment to see what I can come up with. In this case, I took the positive of the image, turned it into the negative, and made adjustments from there until I found something that I liked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must be very sensitive to yur work, because they are mostly very beautiful. I'm glad to know that you are out there noticing these little enchanted things. My sister was adopted by the the Sponskeys in Bakerton and I was just browsing. I live in Ebensburg. Are your pictures for sale?