Thursday, March 30, 2006

Things of Spring


I have no idea how old this garage is, but I'm pretty sure it's been standing for no less than 75 years.


Crocus - the first flowers of spring.


Close-up of a crocus


A bunny rabbit, natural camouflage


Male Cardinal -- Richmondena cardinalis -- This is the first time that this male cardinal sat on a rock all winter long.


We were extremely lucky on Sunday morning to get this picture of a Pileated Woodpecker -- Dryocopus pileatus. A wary bird, it is uncommon and very local to extensive deciduous forests. The largest woodpecker in Pennsylvania, the Pileated Woodpecker stands 15 inches tall.


I have no idea what this bird is, as I only had one shot at it before it took off. I have a feeling it is a female Grosbeak.


Driving along Tower Road, seeing what is, what was and what will be at 1/320th of a second.


Taken at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, 26Mar06 a storm passes to the east, clear skies to the west.


In hindsight, maybe I was right after all.

No comments: